Monday, August 27, 2018

The Moon, The Mood, The Melody Except In Opera!

Full moon tonight.  I always think about my friend Judy (miss her lots since she left Earth in May) and how we used to predict what crazy things certain people would do whenever the moon was about to be full.  We would joke about how the full moon was like a spotlight coming through our windows at night, keeping us wide awake to ponder all the things that stress people in daily life.  I remember her vivacious laugh and her empowering hugs so well - but I sure would like to have had one of each today, and a little conversation about nature's spotlight tonight.

My mood is dark, despite the bright round light in the sky.  I am not feeling well and I am doing what I do...I am crawling into my shell for a while.  I take off my make-up and I put clean sheets on my bed and I look deep inside for whatever that stuff is that pulls my willpower back in gear.  I am so lucky my husband supports and helps, rarely complaining about the undeniable truth that I am a terrible housewife.  T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!  He's there for me to lean on and I do.  My whole family is always there for me.  And, my boss is terrific, compassionate and kind.  Not to mention, I have that friend who gets it...what a treasure!

I feel tremendously inadequate at this point in almost every way.  Work, family, friends, chores and even simple things like driving my own car.  It's been a strange year.   I miss my dad so very much (since he left the Earth in February) but he taught me a lesson through his strength as he handled his last few challenges. I can think about how my mom did everything in her power for Daddy and it was an amazingly beautiful gesture of love, faith and devotion...Somewhere, those qualities are in my genes...and to wake them, I turn to a familiar comforting melody.

Music has healing properties.   Certain melodies lift my spirits and sometimes song lyrics say just what I have to hear.  The melodies are better than medicine for me.  I don't care whether you believe it or not.  If you don't agree, I would suggest exploring other music.  Message me for some inspiring suggestions.  When I get to the top of this latest mountain in my path, I will send you some eclectic selections for healing.  All but opera; there's no melody in opera!

This too shall pass, such as the moon will fade.  There are so many good things in my life still to enjoy, even though some of them are just memories and melodies.

No comments:

Blog Archive