Friday, December 01, 2017

Clean Sheet Day

While Congress is ramming major tax reform through with some self-imposed urgency, yet even while the bill is still somewhat handwritten in part, I am giving up on the news for the more important issue of Clean Sheet Day.
Yes, I can't remember how long it's been since I changed the sheets on the beds.  That's too long!  I have read a bit about the different types of sheets and that thread count isn't necessarily the only indicator of a nice comfortable sheet.
One must also consider the type of cotton (sateen for example is softer but less durable than percale in most cases).  Then there's flannel or cotton jersey or silk? Color or print?  Maybe just plain white, which coincidentally is a popular choice; thus, the namesake for White Sales at stores peddling home goods.
My clean sheets consist of eight-year old solid copper cotton percale, an ivory quilt circa 2008, the green tartan electric blanket and as many different pillow cases as pillows (5 to be exact).
Clearly, my bedding makes about as much sense as what the Senate and House has been doing with  their half-assed organization of legislation that will impact basically every American in some way.  Allegations of bullying, even sexual harassment, against leaders are swirling.  The White House is constantly under suspicion because everyone there is related or have had something to do with Michael Flynn.
At least I have inventoried my sheet collection and I know I have two too many sets of full size sheets and need to order a new set of king size.  Also, as a bonus, I found a brand new set of ivory queen size sheets in the packaging...
Nobody else is affected by the linens on my bed.   My dirty laundry is my own. Therein, the difference.  And now, I've that made my bed so I'll go lie in it....may our elected officials do the same.

No comments:

Blog Archive