Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Night - Anxiety Revisited

Welp, the holiday anxiety continues.....but first, let me tell you the good news!

This morning my husband prepared a terrific breakfast buffet for us, including a cantaloupe (Kim and Judy-you know this is a big deal)....we ate and enjoyed conversation with the kids.  Then we rushed over to the Ashlock place.  We rush because we are Rushes. And because we were late....for lunch.  🍗Absolutely amazing turkey, homemade rolls, mega desserts 🍰🍮and all kinds of other dishes to enjoy.  Mom invited a friend who had just moved to town and didn't have anyone to share Thanksgiving with.  Rock on Mom!  You're the best.  You always show the spirit of giving and helping others....that kind of example I still need even in my 'golden years'.

My anxiety was escalated by the busy schedule of the day and the fact that I knew my sweet potato casserole wasn't quite as good as in previous years.  The Sweet Tater King who sells produce in town gave us a bum box of spuds.  Hey, I can only work with what I've got.... 🍠  These need a few more weeks to do whatever sweet potatoes do to be less harder than rocks.

Further, we were  absolutely late; I regularly chew people out for that or bitch behind their backs so my husband says.  So, being late made me spastic to the point that I had to apologize profusely to everyone even remotely involved.  It was like eating crow....thankfully, I'd had a light breakfast.

The sun was gorgeous, the company was more nourishing that all the terrific food.  I have stepped on my scale to weigh before bed.  Either it's aware of my volatile state of mind or the battery is dying.  My weight now (after breakfast, mid-morning crow and a nice lunch)  is still  just barely below the limit I keep for my personal BMI rating.  Dang Body Mass Index.  Sends a girl to bed without her supper....

So many years I have lived without knowing this holiday anxiety was nagging at me.  Now that I have discovered it's here, I'm trying to find out why and face it down.  Does anybody know the Grinch personally?  I'd like a consultation from him for suggestions on growing my heart?  Comment here or message me direct on facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

No comments:

Blog Archive