Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Eve of Thanksgiving

Today I hopped up and made coffee☕ to anxiously await the arrival of my granddaughters Annie and Emma.  Since school break began today, and since their parents had to work, I was able to spend the day with two sweet girls.  They are adventurous and fun.  Smart and sassy.  Sarcasm is strong with the young one :)

We shopped a bit and met up for lunch with GranDad after a lengthy discussion about the attributes of sushi. 🍣  And, we stopped by the park and made friends with a chubby dog.  The dog must be a local park pet....she even would climb up the steps to the slide with the girls.
We ate a pineapple🍍, yes all of it.  We baked a rum spice cake and watched a few cartoons while we finished some laundry.  Nothing special but yet again-everything special.

After they went home, it was time to prep for Thanksgiving meal.  I didn't want to do it....I thought of every excuse I could; I even took an hour long nap.  So I had to step back and ask: Why am I not looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow?  Is it because today was so good?  Maybe I'm worried my house isn't clean enough?  Whatever will I wear? 👚👢👖 Did I put too much rum in that cake?

I have Thanksgiving anxiety.....it has nothing to do with being thankful.  I know how to do that.  I'm probably ungrateful at times but overall I know I have a wonderful life.  When things aren't going my way, I can always find something to be thankful for.💓 Every single day.

My daddy says "From the day you're born until you ride in a hearse, nothing's so bad that it couldn't be worse."  He says that a lot more nowadays than he used to.  There's the source of my Thanksgiving anxiety.  It doesn't matter what I wear or what I baked.🍲  I just want to see my family together.  I want to make memories with people I love. 

On Thanksgiving Eve, I am so very thankful for my family.  I feel fortunate that we've had so many holidays all together.  I need to dump this 'anxiety' and stop worrying about the 'hearse'.  Being with family makes me glad to be alive....Annie and Emma especially.  I miss them after we have a day of quality time.⌚

Lucky for me, they'll be back in less than 12 hours!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive