Wednesday, November 01, 2017

One Size Fits All?

Ever been shopping at a store or online and find those leggings or a tunic you just have to have?
You flip through the display or click online to see if this item is available in your size, only to find that dreaded "One Size Fits All" tag!

Excuse me, but one size does not fit all.  It never has and it never will.  The very idea of that concept implies laziness and narrow-minded thinking.  I've thought about this a lot.  It bugs me.  It bothers me.  It is disturbing to me.  Maybe because I'm not a tiny size two Barbie.  But, those leggings will not reasonably fit someone who needs a larger piece of fabric to cover their butt. 

Maybe the fashion industry is catering to society, where people feel embarrassed to shop for something bigger than Size SMALL.  Some clothing brands actually make items larger than average and put the SMALL tag on them, just to make buyers feel good about themselves.  I do believe it's a marketing gimmick to sell stuff. 

The fact remains, one size does not fit all.  Why would we want to all be the same anyway?  Who cares what the label says....unless it says One Size Fits All.  I don't like that.

No comments:

Blog Archive