Saturday, October 28, 2017

Your Favorite Song - Day 30 of 30

Wow, I made it to the end of thirty days of consistent blogging (online journal writing)!

For the last day, the prompt is simple - what is your favorite song?  Seems simple but oh, not for this music lover girl.  I could break this down into eras, genres, songwriter/singers, bands v. solo artists and in many other ways.  But, I suppose that would not be in the spirit of this exercise.

Really, I have hundreds of 'favorite songs'.  My favorites playlist is about as varied as it could possible be.  So, I have to just go back to my roots and pick one of my first memories of music as a child.  My Daddy introduced me to good music from the beginning of life.  I remember loving the melody but not really knowing the significance of the heartfelt lyrics.  And, then I can re-certify that memory with a 2000-ish remembrance of same song being played by a one-man band in a tiny restaurant.  It gave me chills just to recall how easily I related to the words forty years later.   The song I am selecting is also one that my husband likes too which is rare.  We like different music mostly.

This song meets all my major criteria.  It's written and recorded by the same artist.  It evokes emotion because the lyrics are so relate-able.  It's timeless as proven by the fact that people still play it now even though it was recorded in 1958.  And, even re-recorded again with Bob Dylan in 1969 when I was three years old.  Thanks John Cash from Arkansas for many, many musical gems but especially for I Still Miss Someone.  It's a bittersweet love song I never get tired of hearing.  If you aren't familiar with this song, read below.  Look it up online and give a listen.  Your heart will beat in time.
<3 p="">
At my door the leaves are falling
A cold wild wind will come
Sweethearts walk by together
And I still miss someone

I go out on a party
And look for a little fun
But I find a darkened corner
Because I still miss someone

No, I never got over those blue eyes
I see them everywhere
I miss those arms that held me
When all the love was there

I wonder if she's sorry
For leavin' what we'd begun
There's someone for me somewhere
And I still miss someone

No comments:

Blog Archive