Friday, October 27, 2017

Day 29 of 30 Days of Me

Day 29 - In the last month, what have you learned?

I admit to peeking ahead yesterday and despite looking at this prompt a day ago, I have no idea specifically what I have really learned in the last month. 

So, let me just say that I believe in lifelong learning.  I've worked with people who think they already know everything there is to possibly know and those people are not fun for me to be around. 

I am not as diligent as I should be about learning new things but I don't hide from knowledge necessarily. 

Just today, I read about the process of making apple cider vinegar.   I plan to try that next time I peel and core apples for a pie.  Normally, I deliver the apple peels to my horse but with 1/4 cup sugar and a quart of water, I can turn those scraps into vinegar for all sorts of uses.

I learned that the local volunteer fire department can respond to our house in less than 15 minutes (thanks to the other person who lives in our home) and I studied the 2018 Maroon 5 tour schedule to see which location is most feasible for me. 

And, finally today, I read an interview with Jordan Spieth (pro golfer) about his recent golf outing with President Obama and I loved the casual humor there.

No comments:

Blog Archive