Monday, October 16, 2017

Seventeen - Thirty days of Me

The prompt for Day 17 says to name someone I would want to switch places with for a day and why.

This is a tough one.  There's nobody I'd rather be besides myself.  Not that I am better than anyone else; just that I have learned to live in my skin (with all the hidden hurts inside).

So, at the risk of alienating someone, I guess I'd be Donald Trump for a day.  And here's a list of reasons why:
1.  I would undo all the executive orders Trump's written simply because he was so hypocritical when President Obama did a few.  I don't even care what they say - undo them.  It's not the way to do business.  It circumvents the process.
2.  I'd  donate a million dollars to every person I'd sexually harassed during that lifetime, with a legitimate and sincere apology.
3.  My sons and daughters all need a good lesson on service to country - I'd ship them to do volunteer work in Puerto Rico for six months.
4.  Melania wouldn't have to frown all day.  We could shop, although Putin would be curious why I didn't check in.
5.  I'd apologize for calling NFL players sons of bitches on national TV.  And, I'd honor John McCain as a hero of our country even if I didn't want to agree with all his political views.
6.  There might still be time to get our servicemen out of Afghanistan and everyplace else that isn't home before Christmas.
7. Finally, I'd have my mouth sewn shut and my fingers sewn together so as to avoid future tweets and blowhard statements that are not good for my country.  And, I'd get the tailor to size me up for my impending straight=jacket.

Now, the reason that wouldn't work even for a day - no way in Hell I'm leaving my dogs alone with Trump unsupervised for any amount of time.  You can imagine how I feel about him being in charge of America.  Alec Baldwin is much better.  Maybe I'd rather trade that day with him.  #SNLpotus #4aday

No comments:

Blog Archive