Tuesday, October 17, 2017

30 Days of Me - Day 18

Plans/Goals/Dreams

My plans, goals and dreams have often been sidelined by my unwillingness to sacrifice my values to accomplish something I thought I wanted.  For example, I have often spent money (on the credit card) that I didn't have, to buy something I thought would impress someone I really didn't want to be around anyway!
Why did I do that?  Peer pressure, temporary insanity...who knows.
Having somewhat of a 'grounded' attitude now after several health issues, my plans are to enjoy every day as much as possible. 
My goals include trying to be a better person tomorrow than I was today and the day before that.  First, by making a positive difference where I can and where I can't to just leave things alone.  And secondly, to be a good family member and friend.
My dreams...well, my dreams are often interrupted by reality.  I don't do that consciously anymore.  Big, crazy dreams might look something like a beach home on the east coast, a Corvette and enough money to take care of every stray dog I see.  A record company, a publishing company and an endless supply of butter pecan ice cream.

No comments:

Blog Archive