Sunday, October 01, 2017

ME; Day Two

Day Two:  What is the meaning of your blogger name?

That's an easy one for me.  Back in the day, for me that's the 80's, one of our friends went through a phase of assigning everyone nicknames.  Most of the nicknames were some sort of morphed version of each of our given names or local pet names.

Mine was Karla Marla.  I used it when I started blogging because I recall fun and vitality when I think of that nickname.  I recall youth, hope for the future and a spirit of friendship stronger than anything we had ever faced before.  Karla Marla reminds me of bold and unchecked laughter, card games and bonfires, cookouts and music.  It makes me grateful I grew up an American kid.

I loved my group of  high school friends, individually and together.  With our experiences, we learned a lot about adulthood as we walked together, through the archway from being teenagers to accepting challenges of growing up.  We took different paths, not necessarily all good or bad ones.  Some of us turned around and went back to start, attempting to reset our options before it was too late.  Some of us just disappeared into the world.  Yet, there are still those few who are there in my life because they shaped who I am.  Honestly, I don't have a chance to see them much anymore but the fond memories are still here with me.  But they are here with me, because I choose for them to be.....thanks friends!

No comments:

Blog Archive