Monday, October 09, 2017

Day Ten - Songs

Day 10 - Songs you listen to when you're happy, sad, bored, hyped & mad

Happy: I generally listen to 70's music (Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Van Morrison, The Band etc.) , select few top 40 like John Mayer, Maroon V, Rob Thomas and Pink.  Sometimes Elvis OR Church
Sad: If I am sad, I do turn to music a lot.  I like songwriters and acoustic stuff like John Denver, Lori McKenna and Guy Clark.  I might listen to blues (Hendrix, Eric Gales, SRV) or lately I have enjoyed Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit sounds and Chris Stapleton.  Kris Kristopherson, Johnny Cash, Miranda Lambert OR Church
Bored: Should I be bored, I will not be bored for long if  I start music.  I quickly become absorbed in sounds and lyrics; my thoughts are provoked and I intriguingly work my way out of 'bored'.  Might search and find a new artist or dig into old work of a current standby.  OR listen to Church
Hyped: Gotta be the 80's tunes and Daft PUnk, Pharrell, Bruno Mars, Pink Floyd, Prince, OR Church
Mad:  Heavy rock music, Jazz instrumental, Jim Reeves OR Church

Perhaps in a future challenge, I will do a song of the day.  I could go years with that concept because I appreciate so many different artists and songs. 
Anyone remember Gerry Rafferty?  Baker Street, Right Down the Line?  Maybe Music Trivia in my blogger future.....
Any day is good for Eric Church ....  RIP Tom Petty!

No comments:

Blog Archive