Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Day 4 - A Habit You Wish You Didn't Have

This thirty-day challenge is putting me to the test on Day 4.
Admitting a habit I wish I didn't have would involve admitting I'm not perfect...and I'm kidding.

The real challenge is trying to just narrow down to one habit I wish I didn't have.  Lucky for me, I grew up poor and I never could afford the expensive habits like cigarettes or cocaine.....

So, I digress.  And I think I will break this down into two areas of habit.  One being a fun thing and the second being more practical.

One habit I wish I didn't have was to listen to really really loud music since I know it annoys my spouse who in turn gives me dirty looks and says 'What are you listening to now!"  It exasperates him because my eclectic music tastes are no match for his 70's and pop tunes only ears.

The second habit I wish I didn't have was to naturally expect the news to be good.  I watch it almost daily.  And I do my own research too.  Six wealthy interests can be linked to our radio, TV, national papers, etc.....there is major control over what we hear and don't hear.  News is driving me crazy.  It seems like it is designed to agitate and anger people, to cause fear, to create division and pit us against each other.  America is in serious turmoil and I don't anticipate anything earth-shattering to happen to turn the big ship around between 24 hour news cycles; but yet I watch and read with hope.  Having said that, my patriotism is solid.  I just don't like our leadership and our moral value standards as much as I once did.  But here's the deal - the glass is neither half empty or half full.  The proverbial glass is refillable and we can make a difference by helping one person, one animal, one cause.  Peace out America!

No comments:

Blog Archive