Monday, October 23, 2017

Day 25 - The Things Found In A Bag...

Here we are at day 25 on this Thirty Days of Me journal journey.  Today I am supposed to write all the things you might find in my bag.  Lordy me...this is somewhat revealing and sacred.  Even my husband knows that it's a bad idea to dig around in a lady's purse.  Oh well, I'm 24 days toward thirty and not stopping now.

For the past year, I have been lugging around an enormous leather bag that shows very little sign of wear which means I will likely be lugging it around for another year or so.  I can literally fit two pairs of shoes, my shih tzu,  the Encyclopedia of Country Living and a box of donuts in there along with all the regular things that are always in my handbag. 

In my bag, there will always be lipstick in 2 or 3 shades, Rodan lip balm, germX, sunglasses, reading glasses, two sets of car keys (unless one's in the car ignition), perfume, earbuds, little travel size lotion, gum, emergency medicines, band=aids because I take blood thinner, my iPhone, ten or so random receipts and pieces of paper, numerous ink pens and my wallet.

Now, in my wallet will be my ID, more band=aids, no money, the key to the mailbox and ten or so more random receipts that I need to relocate to the trash bin.

On occasion, I downsize to a lightweight crossbody bag for a concert, to go to Oaklawn Park (see Hot Springs) or other special excursion/occasion.  Then I just strictly carry one lipstick, Rodan lip balm, germX, sunglasses, gum, emergency medicines, band=aids (yeah, because I take blood thinner), my iPhone and my ID.  Never any money....never have any money.

No comments:

Blog Archive