Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tori Makes Her Comeback

Amazingly, Tori is mobile. After an entire month of TLC service (and a little personalized physical therapy the last couple of weeks), my dog Tori can stand up and walk on her own. She even managed to make it to the coveted Eddie Bauer pet bed on the new porch all by herself this week. She continues to walk more each day and seems to be making fast progress back to her normal state. The vet says that without careful and diligent attention (that's where I come in), dogs who have temporary paralysis die from malnutrition or complications with fluid in their lungs from being flat. When I adopted Tori from the Sharp County animal shelter, I picked her because she really didn't appear to like people that much. Being part Chow gives her that tendency to be loyal only to one or two people. As a result of her biological makeup and her history of not being socialized when she was a puppy, Tori has been a good guard dog for me....she has her bluff in on several people and would always let me know if anyone was around the house. She has served me well and looks like she will soon be doing so again, looking for someone to bark at or snip on. I owed her my loyal TLC service in return and I am glad to see her moving around and making her comeback.

No comments:

Blog Archive