Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pastoral Photo Hit Home


A few weeks back at church, Lance Hames, our pastor, illustrated the point of his message by appearing in unusual dress. Our message was about how oftentimes we are burdened with all kinds of things that we don't need to accomplish our goals. For example, in this photo, the welding helmet, lariat rope and long Western trenchcoat are inappropriate things for someone who might be entered into an arena competition event like trying to ride a barrel horse or rope steers. It's impractical, dangerous and downright odd to even try it. This message was one of those that seemed to be meant just for me. It really hit home. I am guilty of taking on extra things that keep me from accomplishing what I really need to be working toward - being a better person and doing whatever it is that God means for me to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive